Psychology -- Humanistic
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is humanistic psychology.
· deCarvalho, R. (1991). The Founders of Humanistic Psychology. Praeger.
· Greening, T. (Ed.) Fall 2000, Vol. 40, No. 4. Journal of Humanistic Psychology. This issue contains a forty-year list of contents and index of authors of JHP since it was founded in 1961.
· Maslow, A. (1968). Toward a Psychology of Being. Van Nostrand.
· Rogers, C. (1972). On Becoming a Person: A Therapist's View of Psychotherapy. Houghton-Mifflin.
· Schneider, K., Bugental, J., and Pierson, J. (Eds.) (2001). The Handbook of Humanistic Psychology. Sage.
· Wertz, F. (Ed.) (1994). The Humanistic Movement. Gardner Press. One of the best current collections of key articles. See especially Chapter 1 by Aanstoos, Chapter 2 by deCarvalho, Chapter 3 by Davidson, and Chapter 23 by Giorgi.
"The Infography about Humanistic Psychology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA