Buchanan, James (1791-1868)
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is U.S. President James Buchanan.
· Frederick Moore Binder, James Buchanan and the American Empire (Susquehanna University Press, 1994).
· Michael J. Birkner, ed., James Buchanan and the Political Crisis of the 1850s (Susquehanna University Press, 1996).
· Michael F. Holt, "The Election of 1856," in Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr., ed., Running for President: The Candidates and Their Images (Simon and Schuster, 1994).
· Philip S. Klein, President James Buchanan (Pennsylvania State University Press, 1962).
· David E. Meerse, "Buchanan, Corruption, and the Electon of 1860," Civil War History 12 (June 1966): 116-131.
· Elbert B. Smith, The Presidency of James Buchanan (University Press of Kansas, 1975).
· John Updike, Buchanan Dying: A Play (Alfred A. Knopf, 1974).
· John Updike, Memories of the Ford Administration (Alfred A. Knopf, 1992).
"The Infography about U.S. President James Buchanan (1791-1868)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA