Motion Pictures -- Horror -- American
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is American horror films.
· Berenstein, Rhona. Attack of the Leading Ladies: Gender, Sexuality, and Spectatorship in Classic Horror Cinema. Columbia University Press, 1996.
· Clover, Carol J. Men, Women and Chain Saws: Gender in the Modern Horror Film. Princeton University Press, 1992.
· Crane, Jonathan Lake. Terror and Everyday Life: Singular Moments in the History of the Horror Film. Sage Publications, 1994.
· Grant, Barry Keith. Dread of Difference: Gender and the Horror Film. University of Texas Press. 1996.
· Skal, David. The Monster Show: A Cultural History of Horror. W.W. Norton, 1993.
· Waller, Gregory. American Horrors: Essays on the Modern American Horror Film. University of Illinois Press, 1987.
· Creed, Barbara. The Monstrous-Feminine: Film, Feminism, Psychoanalysis. Routledge, 1993.
· Grant, Barry Keith, ed. Planks of Reason: Essays on the Horror Film. Scarecross Press, 1984.
"The Infography about American Horror Films"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA