Immigration History -- United States
The following sources are recommended by a librarian whose research specialty is immigration history in the United States.
· Daniels, Roger, Coming To America: A History of Immigration And Ethnicity in American Life, (HarperCollins, 1990).
· Takaki, Ronald, A Different Mirror: A History of Multicultural America, (Little, Brown and Co., 1993).
· Gjerde, Jon (ed.), Major Problems in American Immigration and Ethnic History: Documents and Essays, (Houghton Mifflin, 1998).
· Dublin, Thomas (ed.), Immigrant Voices: New Lives in America, 1773-1986, (University of Illinois Press, 1993).
· Zucker, Norman L. and Naomi Flink Zucker, Desperate Crossings: Seeking Refuge in America, (M.E. Sharpe, Inc., 1996).
· Hirschman, Charles, Philip Kasinitz, and Josh DeWind (eds.), The Handbook of International Migration: The American, (Russell Sage Foundation, 1999).
"The Infography about the History of Immigration into the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA