Music -- Thailand
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is music in Thailand.
· Miller, Terry E., and Sean Williams, eds. The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music, Volume 4: Southeast Asia. Garland, 1998. Numerous articles, including "Thailand," by Terry E. Miller, pp. 218-335.
· Roongruang, Panya. "Thai Classical Music and Its Movement from Oral to Written Transmission, 1930-1942: Historical Context, Method, and Legacy of the Thai Music Manuscript Project." Ph.D. Dissertation, Kent State University, 1999.
· Roongruang, Panya, ed. Collected Works of the Thai Classical Repertoire. 36 volumes projected (6 published). The Lost Thai Music Manuscript Restoration Project, Kasetsart University, 2001.
· Myers-Moro, Pamela. Thai Music and Musicians in Contemporary Bangkok. Centers for South and Southeast Asia Studies, University of California at Berkeley, 1993.
· Morton, David. The Traditional Music of Thailand. University of California Press, 1976.
· Miller, Terry E., and Jarernchai Chonpairot. "A History of Siamese Music Reconstructed from Western Documents, 1505-1932." Crossroads 8-2 (1994): 1-194.
"The Infography about the Music of Thailand"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA