Sports and Religion
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the relationship between sports and religion.
· From Season to Season: Sports as American Religion. Joseph L. Price, editor. Mercer University Press, 2001.
· The Joy of Sports: End Zones, Bases, Baskets, Balls, and the Consecration of the American Spirit. Michael Novak. Basic Books, 1976.
· A Whole New Ball Game: An Interpretation of American Sports. Allen Guttmann. University of North Carolina Press, 1988.
· Sport and Religion. Shirl J. Hoffman, editor. Human Kinetics Books, 1992.
· God in the Stadium: Sports and Religion in America. Robert J. Higgs. University of Kentucky Press, 1995.
· Religion and Sport: The Meeting of Sacred and Profane. Charles S. Prebish. Greenwood Press, 1993.
· In the Zone: Transcendent Experience in Sports. Michael Murphy and Rhea A. White. Penguin Books, 1995.
· Faith in Sports: Athletes and Their Religion on and off the Field. Steve Hubbard. Doubleday, 1998.
· Sacred Hoops: Spiritual Lessons of a Hardwood Warrior. Phil Jackson and Hugh Delehanty. Hyperion, 1995.
· The Faith of Fifty Million: Baseball, Religion, and American Culture. Christopher H. Evans and William R. Herzog, editors. Westminster John Knox Press, 2002.
"The Infography about Sports and Religion"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA