The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is paleovegetation.
· Ice Ages. Illinois State Museum. http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibits/ice_ages/
· Sauer J. 1990. Plant Migration: The Dynamics of Geographic Patterning in Seed Plant Species. University of California Press.
· The Paleogeographic Atlas Project. University of Chicago. Maps of the continents, including paleovegetation distribution, through geological time. http://www.geo.arizona.edu/~rees/PGAPhome.html
· Adams, J. Global Land Environments since the Last Interglacial. Maps and commentary on global vegetation distribution and ecology at various stages during the last 130,000 years. http://www.esd.ornl.gov/projects/qen/nerc.html
· Paleoclimatology Vegetation Mapping. U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Climatic Data Center, Paleoclimatology Program. A general page from a scientific project mapping vegetation from the Quaternary Period. http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/paleo/vegmap.html
· Tallis, J.H. 1991. Plant Community History: Long-Term Changes in Plant Distribution and Diversity. Chapman and Hall. Very readable yet scholarly book about the influences on floras and ecosystems. All timescales, from millions of years to centuries, and explained with crystal clarity.
"The Infography about Paleovegetation"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA