Pueblo Indians -- Ethnomusicology
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the music of the Pueblo Indians.
· American Indian Dance Theater: Finding the Circle. 1989. VHS videotape. Produced by WNET/Thirteen in association with Tatge/Lasseur Productions. Great Performances.
· Discovering American Indian Music. 1971. VHS videotape. Discovering Music Series. Directed by Bernard Wilets Barr Films. AIMS Media.
· Music of New Mexico: Native American Traditions. 1992. CD recording. Smithsonian Folkways CD SF 40408. Notes by Edward Wapp Wahpeconiah.
· Romero, Brenda M. "Cultural Interaction as Illustrated by the Matachines Dance of New Mexico." Musics of Multicultural America. Schirmer, 1997.
· LaVigna, Maria. "Okushare, Music for a Winter Ceremony: The Turtle Dance Songs of San Juan Pueblo," in Selected Reports in Ethnomusicology, volume 3, no. 2, edited by Charlotte Heth. University of California, 1980:77-100.
· Sweet, Jill. Dances of the Tewa Indians. School of American Research Press, 1985.
"The Infography about the Ethnomusicology of Pueblo Indians"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA