Cemeteries -- Southern States
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is cemeteries in the South.
· Meyer, R. E. (1989). Cemeteries and Gravemarkers: Voices of American Culture. UMI Research Press.
· Meyer, R. E. (1993). Ethnicity and the American Cemetery. Bowling Green State University Popular Press.
· Etlin, R. A. (1984). The Architecture of Death: The Transformation of the Cemetery in Eighteenth-Century Paris. MIT Press.
· Aries, P. (1981). The Hour of Our Death. Knopf.
· Lemmon, A. E. (Ed.). (1993). The Southern Cemetery (Special Issue of The Southern Quarterly: A Journal of the Arts in the South, Winter).
· Forbes, H. M. (1973). Gravestones of Early New England and the Men Who Made Them, 1653-1800. Pyne Press.
"The Infography about Cemeteries in Southern States of the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA