Alzheimer's Disease -- Cytopathology
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Alzheimer's Disease.
· Nunomura A, Perry G, Pappolla MA, Wade R, Hirai K, Chiba S, Smith MA (1999) RNA oxidation is a prominent feature of vulnerable neurons in Alzheimer's disease. J Neurosci 19:1959-1964.
· Hirai K, Perry G, Aliev G, Nunomura A, Siedlak SL, Russell RL, Kress Y, Johnson AB, Vinters HV, Petersen RB, Smith MA (2001) Mitochondrial abnormalities in Alzheimer disease. J Neurosci 21:3017-3023.
· Perry G, Rizzuto N, Autilio-Gambetti L, Gambetti P (1985) Paired helical filaments from Alzheimer disease patients contain cytoskeletal components. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 82:3916-3920.
· Perry G, Friedman R, Shaw G, Chau V (1987) Ubiquitin is detected in neurofibrillary tangles and senile plaque neurites of Alzheimer disease brains. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 84:3033-3036.
· Greenberg SG, Davies P (1990) A preparation of Alzheimer paired helical filaments that displays distinct tau proteins by polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 87:5827-5831.
· Glenner GG, Wong CW (1984) Alzheimer's disease: initial report of the purification and characterization of a novel cerebrovascular amyloid protein. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 120:885-890.
"The Infography about the Cytopathology of Alzheimer's Disease"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA