The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is fiction writing.
· Kingsolver, Barbara. "A Forbidden Territory Familiar to All." In Writers on Writing: Collected Essays from the New York Times. Times Books, 2001. http://www.tigerseye.ca/tigerwatch/articles/Writers%20on%20Writing%20NYTimes.pdf
· Busch, Frederick. Letters to a Fiction Writer. Norton, 1999.
· DeSalvo, Louise A. Writing As a Way of Healing: How Telling Our Stories Transforms Our Lives. HarperSanFrancisco, 1999.
· Hints for Writers. http://www3.baylor.edu/~Greg_Garrett/writing/writing.html
· Lamott, Anne. Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life. Anchor Books, 1995.
· Poets and Writers magazine.
· Allen, Roberta. Fast Fiction: Creating Fiction in Five Minutes. Story Press 1997.
· Bailey, Tom, ed. On Writing Short Stories. Oxford University Press, 2000.
· Dillard, Annie. The Writing Life. Harper and Row, 1989.
· Hills, Rust. Writing in General and the Short Story in Particular. Houghton Mifflin, 1987.
· James, Henry. The Future of the Novel: Essays on the Art of Fiction. Vintage Books, 1956.
· Margaret Atwood on Writing. http://www.web.net/owtoad/writing.html
· O'Connor, Patricia T. Words Fail Me: What Everyone Who Writes Should Know about Writing. Harcourt Brace, 1999.
· Seger, Linda. Creating Unforgettable Characters. Henry Holt, 1990.
"The Infography about Writing Fiction"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA