Art -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is art history.
· Art History, a journal published by the Association of Art Historians (Great Britain).
· The Art Bulletin, a journal published by the College Art Association of America.
· Fletcher, Banister, and Dan Cruickshank. Sir Banister Fletcher's a History of Architecture. 20th Ed. Edited by Dan Cruickshank; Consultant Editors, Andrew Saint, Peter Blundell Jones, Kenneth Frampton; Assistant Editor, Fleur Richards. Architectural Press, 1996.
· The Kennedy Center ArtsEdge: The National Arts and Education Information Network http://artsedge.kennedy-center.org/artsedge.html
· The National Gallery of Art http://www.nga.gov/
· Witcombe, Chris. Art History Resources on the Web. Sweet Briar College. http://witcombe.sbc.edu/ARTHLinks.html
· Gardner, Helen, Richard G. Tansey, and Fred S. Kleiner. Gardner's Art through the Ages (with ArtStudy Student CD-ROM and InfoTrac). 12th Ed. Fred S. Kleiner and Christin J. Mamiya. Thomson-Wadsworth, 2005. Excellent images from Saskia, Ltd.
· Gombrich, Ernest H. The Story of Art. 16th Ed. Prentice Hall, 1998.
· Stokstad, Marilyn. Art History Combined, Revised Combined (with CD-ROM), 2/e. Prentice Hall, 2005. One-thousand-image CD-ROM extremely useful to teachers and students.
"The Infography about Art History"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA