The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is computer networks build communities.
· Schuler, Douglas. New Community Networks: Wired for Change. ACM Press, 1996.
· Tsagarousianou, Roza, Damian Tambini, and Cathy Bryan. Cyberdemocracy: Technology, Cities, and Civic Networks. Routledge, 1998.
· Werry, Chris, and Miranda Mowbray. Online Communities: Commerce, Community Action, and the Virtual University. Prentice Hall PTR, 2001.
· Gurstein, Michael. Community Informatics: Enabling Communities with Information and Communications Technologies. Idea Group Publishing, 2000.
· Association for Community Networking. "Community Networking's Social Goals." http://www.afcn.org/resources/goals.html
· Cohill, Andrew, and Andrea Kavanaugh. Community Networks: Lessons from Blacksburg, Virginia. Artech House, 1997.
· Schuler, Douglas. "Community Networks: Building a New Participatory Medium." Communication of the ACM, 37(1), 39-51 (1994).
· Rheingold, H. The Virtual Community: Homesteading on the Electronic Frontier. Addison-Wesley, 1993.
"The Infography about Community Networks"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA