English Language -- Africa
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is English dialects.
· Bamgbose, Ayo, Ayo Banjo, and Andrew Thomas, eds. New Englishes: A West African Perspective. African World, 1997.
· Dalgish, G.M. A Dictionary of Africanisms: Contributions of Sub-Saharan Africa to the English Language. Greenwood Press, 1982.
· Mazrui, Ali A. The Political Sociology of the English Language: An African Perspective. Mouton, 1975.
· Schmied, Josef J. English in Africa: An Introduction. Longman, 1991.
· Schmied, Josef J., ed. English in East and Central Africa. Bayreuth University Press, 1989.
· Spencer, John. The English Language in West Africa. Longmans, 1971.
"The Infography about the English Language in Africa"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA