Auctions -- Economic Theory
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is auctions.
· Kagel, J.H. 1995. "Auctions: A Survey of Experimental Research," in J.H. Kagel and A.E. Roth (eds), The Handbook of Experimental Economics. Princeton University Press.
· McAfee, R.P., and J. McMillan. 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, 25:699-738.
· Meyersen, Roger B. 1981. "Optimal Auction Design," Mathematics of Operations Research, 6:58-73.
· Milgrom, P., and R.J. Weber. 1982. "A Theory of Auctions and Competitive Bidding," Econometrica, 50:1485-527.
· Vickrey, William. 1961. "Counterspeculation, Auctions, and Competitive Sealed Tenders," Journal of Finance, 16:8-37.
· Wilson, Robert. 1992. "Strategic Analysis of Auctions," in R.J. Aumann and S. Hart, Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, Vol. 1. Elsevier Science Publishers.
· Klemperer, P. (ed). 2000. The Economic Theory of Auctions, Vols. 1 and 2, Northampton, MA: E. Elgar Publishing. A collection of important papers brought together into one source, including Auction Theory: A Guide to the Literature. http://www.nuff.ox.ac.uk/users/klemperer/Survey.pdf
"The Infography about the Economic Theory of Auctions"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA