Marital Dysfunction -- Development of
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is marital relationships.
· Karney, B.R., and Bradbury, T.N. (1995). The longitudinal course of marital quality and stability: A review of theory, method, and research. Psychological Bulletin, 118, 3-34.
· Gottman, J.M. (1994). What predicts divorce: The relationship between marital processes and marital outcomes. Erlbaum.
· Murray, S., Holmes, J., and Griffin, D. (1996). The self-fulfilling nature of positive illusions in romantic relationships: Love is not blind, but prescient. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 71, 1155-1180.
· Thornton, A. (1991). Influence of the marital history of parents on the marital and cohabitational experiences of children. American Journal of Sociology, 96, 868-894.
· Karney, B.R., and Bradbury, T.N. (1997). Neuroticism, marital interaction, and the trajectory of marital satisfaction. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 72(5), 1075-1092.
· Gottman, J.M., and Levenson, R.W. (1992). Marital processes predictive of later dissolution: Behavior, physiology, and health. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 63, 221-233.
· Johnson, M.P., Caughlin, J.P., and Huston, T.L. (1999). The tripartite nature of marital commitment: Personal, moral, and structural reasons to stay married. Journal of Marriage and the Family, 61, 160-177.
· Huston, T.L., and Vangelisti, A.L. (1991). Socioemotional behavior and satisfaction in marital relationships: A longitudinal study. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 61, 721-733.
· Smith, D.A., Vivian, D., and O'Leary, K.D. (1990). Longitudinal prediction of marital discord from premarital expressions of affect. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 58, 790-798.
· Fincham, F.D., and Bradbury, T.N. (1993). Marital satisfaction, depression, and attributions: A longitudinal analysis. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 64(3), 442-452.
· Markman, H.J., Floyd, F.J., Stanley, S.M., and Storaasli, R.D. (1988). Prevention of marital distress: A longitudinal investigation. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 56, 210-217.
· Kurdek, L.A. (1998). The nature and predictors of the trajectory of change in marital quality over the first 4 years of marriage for first-married husbands and wives. Journal of Family Psychology, 12, 494-510.
· Huston, T.L., and Levinger, G. (1978). Interpersonal attraction and relationships. Annual Review of Psychology, 29, 115-156.
· Taylor, S.E., Klein, L.C., Lewis, B.P., Gruenewald, T.L., Gurung, R.A.R., and Updegraff, J.A. (2000). Biobehavioral responses to stress in females: Tend-and-befriend, not fight-or-flight. Psychological Review, 107, 411-429.
"The Infography about the Development of Marital Dysfunction"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA