Television -- Technology -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of television technology.
· Abramson, Albert. The History of Television, 1880 to 1941. McFarland, 1987.
· Abramson, Albert. Zworykin: Pioneer of Television. University of Illinois Press, 1995.
· Burns, R.W. Television: An International History of the Formative Years. Institution of Electrical Engineers "History of Technology Series," 1998.
· Dinsdale, A.A. First Principles of Television. John Wiley, 1932; reprinted by Arno Press, 1971.
· Shiers, George, ed. Technical Development of Television. Arno Press "Documents in the History of Telecommunications," 1977.
· Shiers, George. Early Television: A Bibliographic Guide to 1940. Garland, 1997.
· Burns, R.W. British Television: The Formative Years. Institution of Electrical Engineers "History of Technology Series," 1986.
· Burns, Russell. John Logie Baird, Television Pioneer. Institution of Electrical Engineers "History of Technology Series," 2000.
· Eckhardt, George H. Electronic Television. Goodheart-Willcox, 1936; reprinted by Arno Press, 1974.
· Everson, George. The Story of Television: The Life of Philo T. Farnsworth. Norton, 1949; reprinted by Arno Press, 1971.
· Fink, Donald G. Television Standards and Practice: Selected Papers from the Proceedings of the National Television System Committee and Its Panels. McGraw-Hill, 1943.
· Fink, Donald G. Color Television Standards: Selected Papers and Records of the National Television System Committee. McGraw-Hill, 1955.
· Fisher, David E., and Marshall Jon Fisher. Tube: The Invention of Television. Counterpoint, 1996.
· Kempner, Stanley. Television Encyclopedia. Fairchild, 1948.
· McLean, Donald F. Restoring Baird's Image. Institution of Electrical Engineers "History of Technology Series," 2000.
· Molloy, Edward, gen. ed. Television Today: Practice and Principles Clearly Explained. George Newnes, 1935, 2 vols.
· Moseley, Sidney A., and H.J. Barton-Chapple. Television To-Day and To-Morrow. Pitman, 1930, 1931, 1933, 1934, 1940.
· Sheldon, H. Horton, and Edgar Norman Grisewood. Television: Present Methods of Picture Transmission. Van Nostrand, 1929.
· Television: A World Survey and Supplement. UNESCO, 1953 and 1955; two vols. reprinted as one by Arno Press, 1972.
· Tyler, Kingdon S. Telecasting and Color. Harcourt, Brace, 1946.
· Udelson, Joseph H. The Great Television Race: A History of the American Television Industry, 1925-1941. University of Alabama Press, 1982.
· Wilson, John C. Television Engineering. Pitman, 1937.
· Zworykin, Vladimir K., and George A. Morton. Television: The Electronics of Image Transmission. John Wiley, 1940, 1954.
"The Infography about the History of Television Technology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA