Forestry -- Ethics
The following sources are recommended by a professor emeritus whose research specialty is ethics and natural resources.
· Irland, Lloyd C., ed. Ethics in Forestry. Timber Press, 1994.
· Journal of Forestry. Society of American Foresters. http://www.safnet.org/periodicals/jof/
· Leopold, Aldo. A Sand County Almanac, and Sketches Here and There. Oxford University Press, 1949, 2001.
· List, Peter, ed. Environmental Ethics and Forestry: A Reader. Temple University Press, 2000.
· Pinchot, Gifford. The Fight for Conservation. Doubleday, Page and Company, 1910; IndyPublish.com, 2005.
· Society of American Foresters Code of Ethics. http://www.safnet.org/who/codeofethics.cfm
· The American Fisheries Society. http://www.fisheries.org/
· The American Fisheries Society Standard of Professional Conduct. http://www.fisheries.org/afs/education_standardsofprofessionalconduct.html
· The Association of Consulting Foresters of America. http://www.acf-foresters.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home
· The Association of Consulting Foresters of America Code of Ethics. http://www.acf-foresters.org/Content/NavigationMenu/AboutACF/Ethics/default.htm
· Callicott, J. Baird, ed. Companion to A Sand County Almanac: Interpretive and Critical Essays. The University of Wisconsin Press, 1987.
· Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions. Codes of Ethics Online. Ilinois Institute of Technology. http://www.iit.edu/departments/csep/codes/
· Devall, Bill, and George Sessions. Deep Ecology. G.M. Smith, 1985.
· "The Ecoforesters Way." IN Clearcut: The Tragedy of Industrial Forestry. Bill Devall, ed. Sierra Club Books, 1993.
· Environmental Ethics (journal). Center for Environmental Philosophy, University of North Texas. http://www.cep.unt.edu/enethics.html
· Forest Service Employees for Environmental Ethics. http://www.fseee.org/
· Miller, Char. Gifford Pinchot and the Making of Modern Environmentalism. Shearwater Books, 2004.
· Rolston, Holmes. Environmental Ethics: Duties to and Values in the Natural World. Temple University Press, 1988.
· Rolston, Holmes, and James Coufal. "A Forest Ethic and Multivalue Forest Management." Journal of Forestry 89(4)(April 1991): 35-40.
· The Society for Range Management Code of Ethics. http://www.rangelands.org/education_cprm.shtml
· The Society of American Foresters. http://www.safnet.org/
· The Society of American Foresters. Ethics Guide: A Tool to Help You Put the SAF Code of Ethics into Practice. The Society of American Foresters, 2000.
· The Society of American Foresters. The Land Ethic: Meeting Human Needs for the Land and Its Resources. The Society of American Foresters, 1998.
· Teale, Edwin Way, ed. The Wilderness World of John Muir. Houghton Mifflin, 1954; Mariner Books, 2001.
· Weber, Leonard J. "The Social Responsibility of Land Ownership." Journal of Forestry 89(4)(April 1991): 12-17, 25.
· The Wildlife Society. http://www.wildlife.org/
· The Wildlife Society Code of Ethics. http://www.wildlife.org/about/index.cfm?tname=ethics
"The Infography about Forestry Ethics"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA