Genetic Diversity in Africa
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is genetic diversity in Africa.
· Cavalli-Sforza, L.L. and Menozzi, P. and Piazza, A., The History and Geography of Human Genes, Princeton University Press, 1994.
· Watson, E. et al. mtDNA sequence diversity in Africa. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 59:437-444, 1996.
· Excoffier L, et al., Genetics and History of Sub-Saharan Africa, Yearbook of Physical Anthropology 30:151-194, 1987.
· Harpending, H.C. et al., The Genetic Structure of Ancient Human Populations, Current Anthropology, 34:483-496, 1993.
· Nurse, G.T., J.S. Weiner, and T. Jenkins, The Peoples of Southern Africa and Their Affinities (Research Monographs on Human Population Biology, No 3), Oxford University Press, 1985.
· Jorde, L.B. et al, Origins and Affinities of Modern Humans: A Comparison of Mitochondrial and Nuclear Genetic Data, Amer. Jour. Hum. Genet. 57:523-538, 1995.
"The Infography about Genetic Diversity in Africa"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA