Education -- Single-Sex
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the effects of single-sex schooling.
· Rosemary C. Salomone. Same, Different, Equal: Rethinking Single-Sex Schooling (Yale University Press, 2000).
· Cornelius Riordan. Girls and Boys in School: Together or Separate? (Teachers College Press, 1990).
· Reginald R. Dale. Mixed or Single-Sex School? Vol. 1: A Research Study about Pupil Teacher Relationships; Vol. 2: Some Social Aspects; Vol. 3: Attainment, Attitudes and Overview (Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1969, 1971, 1974).
· David Tyack and Elizabeth Hansot. Learning Together: A History of Coeducation in American Public Schools (Russell Sage Foundation, 1992).
· Amanda Datnow and Lea Hubbard, eds. Gender in Policy and Practice: Perspectives on Single-Sex and Coeducational Schooling (RoutledgeFalmer, 2002).
· Morse, Susan, ed. Separated by Sex: A Critical Look at Single-Sex Education for Girls (American Association of University Women Educational Foundation, 1998).
· Michael Ruhlman. Boys Themselves: A Return to Single-Sex Education (Henry Holt, 1996).
· Janice L. Streitmatter. For Girls Only: Making a Case for Single-Sex Schooling (State University of New York Press, 1999).
· Pat Mahoney. Schools for the Boys? Co-Education Reassessed (Hutchinson, 1985).
· Herbert W. Marsh. "Public, Catholic Single-Sex, and Catholic Coeducational High Schools: Their Effects on Achievement, Affect, and Behaviors," American Journal of Education, 41 (1991): 320-56.
· Thomas Speilhofer, Lisa O'Donnell, Tom Benton, Sandie Schagen, and Ian Schagen. The Impact of School Size and Single-Sex Education on Performance (Local Government Association Report 33, National Foundation for Educational Research, 2002).
· M. Elizabeth Tidball, Daryl G. Smith, Charles S. Tidball, and Lisa E. Wolf-Wendel. Taking Women Seriously: Lessons and Legacies for Educating the Majority (Oryx, 1999).
· Fred A. Mael. "Single-Sex and Coeducational Schooling: Relationahips in Socio-Emotional and Academic Development," Review of Education Research, 68, no. 2 (Summer 1998): 101-29.
· Nancy Levit. "Separating Equals: The Educational Research and the Long-Term Consequences of Sex Segregation," George Washington Law Review, 67 (1999): 451-526.
· Jill Elaine Hasday. "The Principle and Practice of Women's 'Full Citizenship': A Case Study of Sex-Segregated Public Education," Michigan Law Review, 101 (2002): 755-810. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=362560
· Wendy Kaminer. "The Trouble with Single-Sex Schools," Atlantic Monthly, April 1998, 22-36. http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/199804/single-sex
· Rosemary C. Salomone. "Single-Sex Programs for At-Risk Students," Education Week, September 10, 2003, 44 and 34-5.
"The Infography about Single-Sex Education"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA