Sensory Signal Transduction
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is sensory signal transduction.
· Baylor, D.A., Lamb, T.D., and Yau, K.W. (1979) Responses of retinal rods to single photons. Journal of Physiology 288:613-634.
· Fung, B.K., Hurley, J.B., and Stryer, L. (1981) Flow of information in the light-triggered cyclic nucleotide cascade of vision. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 78:152-156.
· Matthews, H.R., Murphy, R.L., Fain, G.L., and Lamb, T.D. (1988) Photoreceptor light adaptation is mediated by cytoplasmic calcium concentration. Nature 334:67-69.
· Zhao, H., Ivic, L., Otaki, J.M., Hashimoto, M., Mikoshiba, K., and Firestein, S. (1998) Functional expression of a mammalian odorant receptor. Science 279:237-242.
· Nakamura, T., and Gold, G.H. (1987) A cyclic nucleotide-gated conductance in olfactory receptor cilia. Nature 325:442-444.
· Krautwurst, D., Yau, K.W., and Reed, R.R. (1998) Identification of ligands for olfactory receptors by functional expression of a receptor library. Cell 95:917-926.
· Firestein, S., Picco, C., and Menini, A. (1993) The relation between stimulus and response in olfactory receptor cells of the tiger salamander. Journal of Physiology 468:1-10.
· Lowe, G., and Gold, G.H. (1993) Nonlinear amplification by calcium-dependent chloride channels in olfactory receptor cells. Nature 366:283-286.
· Koutalos, Y., and Yau, K.W. (1996) Regulation of sensitivity in vertebrate rod photoreceptors by calcium. Trends in Neurosciences 19:73-81.
· Fain, G.L., Matthews, H.R. and Cornwall, M.C. (1996) Dark adaptation in vertebrate photoreceptors. Trends in Neurosciences 19:502-507.
· Yau, K.W., and Nakatani, K. (1985) Light-suppressible, cyclic GMP-sensitive conductance in the plasma membrane of a truncated rod outer segment. Nature 317:252-255.
· Gray-Keller, M., Denk, W., Shraiman, B., and Detwiler, P.B. (1999) Longitudinal spread of second messenger signals in isolated rod outer segments of lizards. Journal of Physiology 519:679-692.
· Sampath, A.P., Matthews, H.R., Cornwall, M.C., Bandarchi, J., Fain, G.L. (1999) Light-dependent changes in outer segment free-Ca2+ concentration in salamander cone photoreceptors. Journal of General Physiology 113:267-277.
"The Infography about Sensory Signal Transduction"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA