Railroad -- Transcontinental
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the transcontinental railroad.
· Ambrose, Stephen E., Nothing like It in the World (Simon and Schuster, 2000).
· Ames, Charles Edgar, Pioneering the Union Pacific: A Reappraisal of the Builders of the Railroad (Appleton-Century-Crofts, 1969).
· Clark, George T., Leland Stanford: War Governor of California, Railroad Builder, and Founder of Stanford University (Stanford University Press, 1931).
· Galloway, John Debo, The First Transcontinental Railroad: Central Pacific, Union Pacific (Arno Press, 1981).
· Griswold, Wesley S., A Work of Giants: Building the First Transcontinental Railroad (McGraw-Hill, 1962).
· Williams, John Hoyt, A Great and Shining Road: The Epic Story of the Transcontinental Railroad (Random House, 1988).
· Lavender, David, The Great Persuader (University Press of Colorado, 1998).
· McCague, James, Moguls and Iron Men: The Story of the First Transcontinental Railroad (Harper and Row, 1964).
· O'Connor, Richard, Iron Wheels and Broken Men: The Railroad Barons and the Plunder of the West (Putnam, 1973).
"The Infography about the Transcontinental Railroad"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA