Jazz Piano Instruction
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is teaching techniques for jazz piano.
· Marohnic, Chuck. Jazz Keyboard Study. Advance Music Publishers. http://www.chuckmarohnic.com/store-books.asp
· Levine, Mark. The Jazz Piano Book. Sher Music. http://www.shermusic.com/jazzpno.htm
· Dobbins, Bill. A Creative Approach to Jazz Piano. Advance Music. http://www.advancemusic.com/
· Haerle, Dan. Jazz Piano Voicing Skills: A Method for Individual or Class Study. Jamey Abersold Jazz. http://www.aebersold.com/
· Hyman, Dick. Dick Hyman's Century of Jazz Piano. 2 CD-ROMs. JSS Music. http://www.dickhyman.com/
· Various authors. Jamey Aebersold Jazz Aids. More than 95 volumes. Jamey Abersold Jazz. http://www.aebersold.com/
· Various authors. Jamey Aebersold Play-A-Longs. Jamey Abersold Jazz. http://www.aebersold.com/
· Harris, Matt, and Jeff Jarvis. The Chord Voicing Handbook. Kendor Music.
· DeGreg, Phil. Jazz Keyboard Harmony: A Practical Method for All Musicians. Jamey Abersold Jazz. http://www.aebersold.com/
· Crook, Hal. How to Comp: A Study in Jazz Accompaniment. Advance Music. http://www.advancemusic.com/
"The Infography about Jazz Piano Instruction"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA