Chestnut Trees -- Blight Resistance
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is chestnut trees.
· Bissegger, M., Rigling, D., and Heiniger, U. 1997. Population structure and disease development of Cryphonectria parasitica in European chestnut forests in the presence of natural hypovirulence. Phytopathology 87:50-59.
· Chen, B., and Nuss, D. 1999. Infectious cDNA clones of hypovirus CHV1-Euro7: A comparative virology approach to investigate virus-mediated hypovirulence in the chestnut blight fungus, Cryponectria parasitica. Journal of Virology 73:985-992.
· Milgroom, M. 1996. Recombination and multilocus structure of fungal populations. Annual Review of Phytopathology 34:457-477.
· Griffin, G.J. 2000. Blight control and restoration of the American chestnut. Journal of Forestry 98:22-27.
· Smith, D.M. 2000. American chestnut: Ill-fated monarch of the eastern hardwood forest. Journal of Forestry 98:12-15.
· Kubisiak, T.L., Hebard, F.V., Nelson, C.D., Zhang, J., Bernatzky, R., Huang, H., Anagnostakis, S.L., and Doudrick, R.L. 1997. Molecular mapping of resistance to blight in an interspecific cross in the genus Castanea. Phytopathology 87: 751-759.
"The Infography about the Blight Resistance of Chestnut Trees"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA