Forest Ecology -- Air Pollution
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the effects of air pollution upon forests.
· Miller PR, and JR McBride (Eds). 1999. Oxidant Air Pollution Impacts in the Montane Forests of Southern California: A Case Study of the San Bernardino Mountains. Ecological Studies No. 134, Springer-Verlag. 424 pp. ISBN 0-387-98493-3.
· McLaughlin SB. 1985. Effects of air pollution on forests. Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association, 35: 512-534.
· Heath RL. 1980. Initial events in injury to plants by air pollutants. Annual Review of Plant Physiology, 31: 395-431.
· Aber JD, KJ Nadelhoffer, P Steudler, and JM Melillo. 1989. Nitrogen saturation in northern forest ecosystems. Bioscience, 39: 378-386.
· Peterson DL, MJ Arbaugh, VA Wakefield, and PR Miller. 1987. Evidence of growth reduction in ozone-injured Jeffrey pine (Pinus jeffreyi Grev. and Balf.) in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association, 37: 906-912.
· Coyne PI, and GE Bingham. 1981. Comparative ozone dose response of gas exchange in a ponderosa pine stand exposed to long-term fumigations. Journal of the Air Pollution Control Association, 31: 38-41.
"The Infography about the Effects of Air Pollution upon Forest Ecology"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA