Blackbirds -- Red-Winged
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is red-winged blackbirds.
· Beletsky, L. 1996. The red-winged blackbird: the biology of a strongly polygynous songbird. Academic Press.
· Beletsky, L. D. and Orians, G. H. 1996. Red-winged blackbirds: decision-making and reproductive success. University of Chicago Press.
· Nero, R. W. 1984. Redwings. Smithsonian Institution Press.
· Orians, G. H. 1980. Some adaptations of marsh-nesting blackbirds. Princeton University Press.
· Searcy, W. A. and Yasukawa, K. 1995. Polygyny and sexual selection in red-winged blackbirds. Princeton University Press.
· Yasukawa, K. and Searcy, W. A. 1995. Red-winged blackbird (Agelaius phoeniceus). In The birds of North America, No. 184 (A. Poole and F. Gill, eds.). The Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, and The American Ornithologists' Union.
· Jaramillo, A. and Burke, P. 1999. New world blackbirds. Princeton University Press.
· Orians, G. H. 1985. Blackbirds of the Americas. University of Washington Press.
· Orians, G. H. and Beletsky, L. D. 1989. Red-winged blackbird. pp. 183-197 in I. Newton (ed.). Lifetime reproduction in birds. Academic Press.
· Payne, R. B. 1969. Breeding seasons and reproductive physiology of tricolored blackbirds and redwinged blackbirds. University of California Publications in Zoology 90:1-115.
· Searcy, W. A. and Yasukawa, K. 1983. Sexual selection and red-winged blackbirds. American Scientist 71:166-174.
"The Infography about Red-Winged Blackbirds"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA