The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is reading assessment.
· Murphy, S., Shannon, P., Johnston, P., and Hansen, J. (1998). Fragile evidence: A critique of reading assessment. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Inc.
· Collins, M. D., and Moss, B. G. (1996). Literacy assessment for today's schools. College Reading Association.
· Lyon, G. R. (1994). Frames of reference for the assessment of learning disabilities: New views on measurement issues. Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
· Putnam, L. (1995). How to Become a Better Reading Teacher: Strategies for Assessment and Intervention. Prentice Hall.
· Coles, M., and Jenkins, R. (1998). Assessing Reading 2: Changing Practice in Classrooms. International Perspectives on Reading Assessment. Routledge.
· Changes in Reading Assessment http://www.eduplace.com/rdg/res/literacy/assess1.html
· Squire, E. (1987). State of Reading Assessment (#794). International Reading Association.
· Valdes, G., and Figueroa, R. (1994). Bilingualism and Testing: A Special Case of Bias. Ablex Publishing Corporation.
· Reading Assessment Handbook http://www.pde.state.pa.us/a_and_t/lib/a_and_t/2005-06ReadingAssessmentHandbook.pdf
· Reading Assessment Databases http://www.sedl.org/reading/rad/
· Research on Assessment http://www.eduplace.com/rdg/res/literacy/assessr.html
"The Infography about Reading Assessment"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA