Crayfishes -- Freshwater
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is freshwater crayfish.
· Gherardi, Francesca, and David M. Holdich. 1999. Crayfish in Europe as Alien Species. How to Make the Best of a Bad Situation? Crustacean Issues 11, General Editor Frederick R. Schram. Balkema, 299 pages.
· Hart, C.W., Jr., and Janice Clark. 1987. An Interdisciplinary Bibliography of Freshwater Crayfishes (Astacoidea and Parastacoidea) from Aristotle through 1985. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, Number 455:iv-437.
· Hobbs, Horton H., Jr. 1981. The Crayfishes of Georgia. Smithsonian Contributions to Zoology, Number 318:vii-549.
· Holdich, David M., and Roger S. Lowery (eds.). 1988. Freshwater Crayfish: Biology, Management and Exploitation. Croom Helm (now Chapman and Hall), 498 pages.
· Huner, Jay V. (ed.). 1994. Freshwater Crayfish Aquaculture in North America, Europe, and Australia. Families Astacidae, Cambaridae, and Parastacidae. The Hayworth Press, 312 pages.
· Huxley, T.H. 1880. Crayfish. An Introduction to the Study of Zoology. The International Scientific Series. D. Appleton and Co., 371 pages.
"The Infography about Freshwater Crayfishes"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA