Barrier Islands and Their Origins
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Barrier Islands.
· Barrier Islands, Ed. Maurice L. Schwartz. Benchmark Papers in Geology. Dowden, Hutchinson and Ross, Inc., 451 p. (1973).
· Geology of Holocene Barrier Island Systems, Ed. R. A. Davis, Jr., Springer Publishing, 464 p. (1994).
· Otvos, Ervin. Barrier island formation through nearshore aggradation - stratigraphic and field evidence, Marine Geology, v. 43, p.195-243 (1981).
· Barrier Islands, Ed. S.P. Leatherman, Academic Press, (1979).
· Schwartz, M. K. The multiple casuality of barrier islands, Jour. Geology, v. 79,, p. 91-94.
· Swift, D. J. P., Barrier island genesis: evidence from the central Atlantic Shelf, eastern USA. Sedimentary Geology, v. 14, p. 1-43, (1975).
"The Infography about Barrier Islands and Their Origins"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA