China -- Cultural Revolution
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the cultural revolution in China.
· Jung Chang, Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China (Doubleday, 1991)
· Hong Yung Lee, The Politics of the Chinese Cultural Revolution: A Case Study (University of California Press, 1978)
· Zhisui Li, The Private Life of Chairman Mao (The Memoirs of Mao's Personal Physician). Translated by Tai Hung-chao. (Random House, 1994)
· Jing Lin, The Red Guards' Path to Violence: Political, Educational, and Psychological Factors (Praeger, 1991)
· Roderick MacFarquhar, The Origins of the Cultural Revolution (Columbia University Press, 3 volumes, 1974, 1983, and 1999)
· Lynn T. White III, Policies of Chaos: The Organizational Causes of Violence in China's Cultural Revolution (Princeton University Press, 1989)
"The Infography about the Cultural Revolution in China"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA