Urbanism -- New
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is urban and suburban areas.
· Calthorpe, Peter. The Next American Metropolis: Ecology, Community and the American Dream. (Princeton University Press, 1993).
· Duany, Andres, et al. Suburban Nation: The Rise of Sprawl and the Decline of the American Dream. (North Point Press, 2001).
· Hall, Kenneth, and Gerald Porterfield. Community by Design: New Urbanism for Suburbs and Small Communities. (McGraw-Hill, 2000).
· Kunstler, James Howard. Home from Nowhere: Remaking Our Everyday World for the Twenty-First Century. (Simon and Schuster, 1996).
· Congress for the New Urbanism, which also has an image bank. http://www.cnu.org/
· New Urbanism, a source for basic description and plans. http://www.newurbanism.org/
· Dutton, John. New American Urbanism: Re-Forming the Suburban Metropolis. (Skira, 2001).
· Katz, Peter. The New Urbanism: Toward an Architecture of Community. (McGraw-Hill, 1993).
· Kunstler, James Howard. The Geography of Nowhere: The Rise and Decline of America's Man-Made Landscape. (Simon and Schuster, 1994).
· Langdon, Philip. A Better Place to Live: Reshaping the American Suburb. (University of Massachusetts Press, 1994).
· New Urbanism Bibliography. http://www.periferia.org/publications/cnubibliography.html
"The Infography about New Urbanism"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA