Native American History -- Texas
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Native Americans in Texas.
· Gary Clayton Anderson, The Indian Southwest, 1580-1830: Ethnogenesis and Reinvention. University of Oklahoma Press, 1999.
· Jean Louis Berlandier, The Indians of Texas in 1830. Edited by John C. Ewers. Smithsonian Institution Press, 1969.
· Elizabeth A. H. John, Storms Brewed in Other Men's Worlds: The Confrontation of Indians, Spanish, and French in the Southwest, 1540-1795. Texas A and M University Press, 1975.
· W. W. Newcomb, The Indians of Texas: From Prehistoric to Modern Times. University of Texas Press, 1961.
· Michael Tate, The Indians of Texas: An Annotated Research Bibliography. Native American Bibliography Series, no. 9. Scarecrow Press, 1986.
· The Handbook of Texas Online http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/
"The Infography about the History of Native Americans in Texas"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA