The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is moral education.
· Assocation for Moral Education. http://www.amenetwork.org/
· Coles, Robert, The Moral Life of Children (Houghton Mifflin, 1986).
· Durkheim, Emile, Moral Education: A Study in the Theory and Application of the Sociology of Education (The Free Press, 1961/1973).
· Green, Thomas F., Voices: The Educational Formation of Conscience (University of Notre Dame Press, 1999).
· Jackson, Philip W., Robert E. Boostrom, and David T. Hansen, The Moral Life of Schools (Jossey-Bass, 1993).
· Paley, Vivian Gussey, You Can't Say You Can't Play (Harvard University Press, 1992).
· Bennett, William J., The Book of Virtues: A Treasury of Great Moral Stories (Simon and Schuster, 1993).
· Burstyn, Joan N. (ed.), Educating Tomorrow's Valuable Citizen (State University of New York Press, 1996).
· Covaleskie, John F., "Discipline and Morality," The Educational Forum 56 (2) (1992): 173-183.
· Gilligan, Carol, In a Different Voice: Psychological Theory and Women's Development (Harvard University Press, 1982).
· International Center for Character Education. http://teachvalues.org/icce/
· Kohlberg, Lawrence, Philosophy of Moral Development: Moral Stages and the Idea of Justice (Harper and Row, 1981).
· Kohn, Alfie, No Contest: The Case against Competition (Houghton Mifflin, 1992).
· Lickona, Thomas, Educating for Character: How Our Schools Can Teach Respect and Responsibility (Bantam, 1991).
· Rice, Suzanne, and Nicholas C. Burbules, "Communicative Virtues and Educational Relations," in Philosophy of Education 1992, ed. H.A. Alexander (Philosophy of Education Society, 1993), 34-44.
· Rice, Suzanne, "Dewey's Conception of 'Virtue' and Its Implications for Moral Education," Educational Theory 46 (Summer 1996): 269-282.
"The Infography about Moral Education"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA