Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) and Acoustic Microscopy
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is nondestructive testing techniques.
· Briggs, A. Acoustic Microscopy, Oxford University Press, 1992. A good reference book about acoustic microscopy.
· Schmerr, Lester W. Fundamentals of Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation: A Modeling Approach, Plenum Press, 1998. A good book for ultrasonic NDE modeling.
· Krautkrämer, J., and Krautkrämer, H. Ultrasonic Testing of Materials, Springer-Verlag, 1993. A good book for ultrasonic NDE testing.
· Auld, B.A. Acoustic Fields and Waves in Solids, Volumes I and II, Krieger Publishing, 1990. A good reference on elastic waves and Piezo-electric material modeling.
· Kundu, T., Maslov, K., Karpur, P., Matikas, T.E., and Nicolaou, P.D. A Lamb Wave Scanning Approach for Mapping of Defects in [0/90]Titanium Matrix Composites, Ultrasonics, Vol.34, pp. 43-49, 1996. A good paper on the use of Lamb waves for defect detection in composites.
· Kundu, T., Bereiter-Hahn, J., and Karl, I. Cell Property Determination from the Acoustic Microscope Generated Voltage versus Frequency Curves, Biophysical Journal, Vol.78, pp. 2270-79, 2000. This paper describes most recent advances in the biological cell property measurements using acoustic microscopes.
"The Infography about Ultrasonic Nondestructive Evaluation and Acoustic Microscopy"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA