Parrish, Maxfield (1870-1966)
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the American artist Maxfield Parrish.
· Brinton, Christian. "Master of Make-Believe." The Century. July 1912.
· Gilbert, Alma. The Masterworks. Ten Speed Press. 1995.
· Ludwig, Coy. Maxfield Parrish. Watson-Guptil Publications. 1973.
· Reed, Walt. The Illustrator in America: 1860-2000. Collins Design. 2003.
· Skeeters, Paul W. Maxfield Parrish: The Early Years, 1893-1930. Nash Publishing. 1973.
· Watson, Bruce. "Beyond the Blue: The Art of Maxfield Parrish." Smithsonian Magazine. July 1999.
· Gilbert, Alma. Curator's Discussion of the Career of Maxfield Parrish. Cornish Colony Museum. http://www.cornishcolonymuseum.org/maxfield_parrish.html
· Gilbert, Alma. The Make Believe World of Maxfield Parrish and Sue Lewin. Ten Speed Press. 1997.
· Marquisee, Ronald S., director. Parrish Blue. VHS and DVD formats. Media Artists. 2004 release of 1967 production.
· "Maxfield Parrish as a Mechanic." Literary Digest. May 12, 1923.
· Reed, Virginia Hunt, compiler. "In the Beginning": Twenty-Five Maxfield Parrish Drawings from the Men's Day Life Class at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, 1892-1894. Imperial Printers. 1976.
· Stuart, John G. The Art of Maxfield Parrish. CD format. The Parrish House. 2005.
· Williams, Jim, and Connie Williams. The Parrish House. http://www.parrish-house.com/
· Wisehart, M.K. "Maxfield Parrish Tells Why the First Forty Years Are the Hardest." American Magazine. May 1930.
"The Infography about Maxfield Parrish (1870-1966)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA