Soils -- Ultramafic (Serpentine)
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is serpentine soils.
· Alexander, E.B., W.E. Wildman, and W.C. Lynn. 1985. Ultramafic (serpentinitic) mineralogy class. pp. 135-146 in J.A. Kittrick (Ed.), Mineral Classification of Soils. Soil Science Society of America (SSSA) Special Publication Number 16, American Society of Agronomy.
· Brooks, R.R. 1987. Serpentine and Its Vegetation: A Multidisciplinary Approach. Dioscorides Press.
· Proctor, J., and L. Nagy. 1992. Ultramafic soils and their vegetation. pp. 469-494 in A.J.M. Baker, J. Proctor, and R.D. Reeves (Eds.), The Vegetation of Ultramafic (Serpentine) Soils: Proceedings of the First International Conference on Serpentine Ecology, University of California at Davis, 19-22 June 1991, Intercept.
· Proctor, J., and S.R.J. Woodell. 1975. The ecology of serpentine soils. Advances in Ecological Research 9: 255-365.
· Trescases, J.J. 1997. The lateritic nickel-ore deposits. pp. 125-138 in H. Paquet and N. Clauer (Eds.), Soils and Sediments, Springer.
· Walker, R.B. 1954. Factors affecting plant growth on serpentine soils. Ecology 35: 258-266.
"The Infography about Ultramafic (Serpentine) Soils"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA