The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Juilliard School.
· Olmstead, Andrea. Juilliard: A History (University of Illinois Press, 1999).
· Damrosch, Frank. Institute of Musical Art, 1905-1926 (Juilliard School of Music, 1936).
· Kogan, Judith. Nothing but the Best: The Struggle for Perfection at The Juilliard School (Random House, 1987).
· The Juilliard School of Music http://www.juilliard.edu
· Martin, George. The Damrosch Dynasty: America's First Family of Music (Houghton Mifflin, 1983).
· Olmstead, Andrea. "The Toll of Idealism: James Loeb--Musician, Classicist, Philanthropist," Journal of Musicology 24 (Spring 1996), 233-62.
· Erskine, John. My Life in Music (William Morrow, 1950).
· Fitzpatrick, Edward John, Jr. "The Music Conservatory in America" (DMA diss., Boston University, 1963).
· Guide to The Juilliard Archives (Juilliard School, 1992).
· Houseman, John. Final Dress (Simon and Schuster, 1983).
· Kingsbury, Henry. Music, Talent, and Performance: A Conservatory Cultural System (Temple University Press, 1988).
· Saint-Denis, Michel. Training for the Theatre: Premises and Promises, ed. by Suria Saint-Denis (Theatre Arts Books, 1982).
· The Juilliard Journal. 1986-present, bimonthly.
· Smith, Julia. Master Pianist: The Career and Teaching of Carl Friedberg (Philosophical Library, 1963).
· Wallace, Robert K. A Century of Music-Making: The Lives of Josef and Rosina Lhevinne (Indiana University Press, 1976).
· Sand, Barbara Lourie. Teaching Genius: Dorothy DeLay and the Making of a Musician (Amadeus Press, 2000).
"The Infography about the Juilliard School"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA