Parables and the Jesus Tradition
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is Christian parables.
· Dodd, C.H. The Parables of the Kingdom. Revised edition. Collins, 1961.
· Hedrick, C.W. Parables as Poetic Fictions: The Creative Voice of Jesus. Hendrickson, 1994.
· Jeremias, J. The Parables of Jesus. Translated by S.H. Hooke. Revised edition. Scribners, 1963.
· Perrin, N. Jesus and the Language of the Kingdom: Symbol and Metaphor in New Testament Interpretation. Fortress, 1976.
· Scott, B.B. Hear Then the Parable: A Commentary on the Parables of Jesus. Fortress, 1989.
· Via, D.O. The Parables: Their Literary and Existential Dimension. Fortress, 1967.
"The Infography about Parables and the Jesus Tradition"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA