Depression -- Geriatric
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is depression in the elderly.
· Teri, L., Logsdon, R.G., Uomoto, J., and McCurry, S.M. (1997). Behavioral treatment of depression id dementia patients: A controlled trial. Journal of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 52B, P159-P166.
· Clarke, G., and Lewinsohn, P.M. (1989). The coping with depression course. Behaviour Change, 6, 54-69.
· Garrard, J., Rolnick, S.J., Nitz, N.M., Luepke, L., Jackson, J., Fischer, L.R., Leibson, C., Bland, P.C., Heinrich, R., and Waller, L.A. (1998). Clinical detection of depression among community-based elderly people with self-reported symptoms of depression. Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, 53A, M92-M101.
· Mossey, J.M., Knott, K.A., Higgins, M., and Talerico, K. (1996). Effectiveness of a psychosocial intervention for subdysthymic depression. Journal of Gerontology: Medical Sciences, 51A, M172-M178.
· Scogin, F., and McElereath, L. (1994). Efficacy of psychosocial treatments for geriatric depression: A quantitative review. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 62, 69-74.
· Lichtenberg, P.A., Kimbarow, M.L., Wall, J.R., Roth, R.E., and MacNeill, S.E. (1999). Depression in geriatric medical and nursing home patients: A treatment manual. Wayne State University Press.
"The Infography about Geriatric Depression"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA