Hawaii -- History
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the history of Hawaii.
· Buck, Elizabeth. Paradise Remade: The Politics of Culture and History in Hawaii. Temple University Press, 1993.
· Cooper, George, and Gavin Daws. Land and Power in Hawaii. Benchmark Books, 1985.
· Daws, Gavan. Shoal of Time: A History of the Hawaiian Islands. University of Hawaii Press, 1968.
· Fuchs, Lawrence. Hawaii Pono: A Social History. Harcourt Brace Jovanovish, 1961.
· Kent, Noel. Hawaii: Islands under the Influence. University of Hawaii Press, 1993.
· Kuykendall, Ralph S. The Hawaiian Kingdom (3 Volumes). The University of Hawaii Press, 1938. Covers period 1778-1893, reprinted regularly.
· Bechert, Edward. Working in Hawaii: A Labor History. University of Hawaii Press, 1985.
· Lyons, Paul. American Pacificism: Oceania in the U.S. Imagination. Routledge, 2005.
· Smith, Vanessa. Literary Culture and the Pacific. Cambridge University Press, 2005.
· Takaki, Ronald. Pau Hana: Plantation Life and Labor in Hawaii, 1835-1920. University of Hawaii Press, 1983.
"The Infography about the History of Hawaii"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA