Bering, Vitus (1681-1741)
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the explorer Vitus Bering.
· Lauridsen, Peter. Vitus Bering: The Discoverer of Bering Strait, S.C. Griggs, 1889, reprinted by Books for Libraries Press, 1969.
· Golder, Frank A. Bering's Voyages, 2 volumes, American Geographical Society, 1922.
· Stejneger, Leonhard. Georg Wilhelm Steller: The Pioneer of Alaskan Natural History, Harvard University Press, 1936.
· Frost, O.W., ed. Steller, Journal of a Voyage with Bering, 1741-1742, Stanford University Press, 1988.
· Waxell, Sven. The Russian Expedition to America, introduction, translation and notes by M.A. Michael, Collier Books, 1962.
· Krasheninnikov, S.P. Explorations of Kamchatka, North Pacific Scimitar, translated by E.A.P. Crownhart-Vaughan, Oregon Historical Society, 1972.
· Coxe, William. The Russian Discoveries between Asia and America, 2nd edition, T. Cadell, 1780, reproduction by Readex Microprint, 1966.
· Dall, William H. A Critical Review of Bering's First Expedition, 1725-30: Together with a Translation of His Original Report upon It, Ye Galleon Press, 2000.
· Dall, William H. Early Expeditions to the Region of Bering Sea and Strait: From the Reports and Journals of Vitus Ivanovich Bering, translated by William H. Dall, with a summary of the journal kept by Peter Chaplin, U.S. Government Printing Office, 1891.
· Divin, Vasilii A. The Great Russian Navigator, A.I. Chirikov, translated by Raymond H. Fisher, University of Alaska Press, 1993.
· Frost, O.W., ed. Bering and Chirikov: The American Voyages and Their Impact, Alaska Historical Society, 1992.
· Golder, Frank A. Russian Expansion on the Pacific: 1641-1850, Peter Smith, 1960.
"The Infography about Vitus Bering (1681-1741)"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA