United States -- Great Seal
The following sources are recommended by an expert whose research specialty is the Great Seal of the United States.
· Richard S. Patterson and Richardson Dougall, The Eagle and the Shield: A History of the Great Seal of the United States. Published by the Office of the Historian, Bureau of Public Affairs, Department of State, under the auspices of the American Revolution Bicentennial Administration, 1976. 681 pages, 92 illustrations. Department of State publication 8900. For sale by the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, DC. Stock Number: 044-000-01543-9. (CD 5610 .P28)
· The Great Seal of the United States This is an Adobe Acrobat file of Publication No. 1041, a pamphlet published by the United States Department of State, Bureau of Public Affairs, Office of Public Communication, Washington, DC, September 1996. 25 pages, illustrated. It is linked from the U.S. State Department's web page. http://www.state.gov/www/publications/great_seal.pdf
· The Great Seal of the United States of America By John D. MacArthur.70 pages, 200 illustrations. Online since 1998. http://www.greatseal.com/
· The Story of the Great Seal as a Symbol of "The New Order of the Ages." Narrative by Charles Cotton Wilson. Federal Works Agency, Work Projects Administration, Southern California. Los Angeles, 1941. 48 pages, illustrated. (CD 5610.W45)
· Charles A. L. Totten, The Seal of History: Our Inheritance in the Great Seal of "Manasseh," the United States of America; Its History and Heraldry; and Its Signification Unto "the Great People" Thus Sealed. New Haven: The Our Race Publishing Company, 1897, 2 volumes.
· E. Raymond Capt, Our Great Seal: The Symbols of Our Heritage and Our Destiny. Artisan Sales, 1979. 96 pages, illustrated. ISBN 0-934666-00-8
· Robert R. Hieronimus, America's Secret Destiny: Spiritual Vision and the Founding of a Nation. Destiny Books, 1989. 145 pages, illustrated. ISBN 0-89281-255-9 (CD 5610.H54)
· Gaillard Hunt, The Department of State of the United States: Its History and Functions. Yale University Press, 1914. 459 pages.
"The Infography about the Great Seal of the United States"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA