Ancient Near East -- Culture
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the culture of the ancient Near East.
· Diamond, Jared. 1997. Guns, Germs, and Steel, W. W. Norton and Company.
· Gordon, Cyrius H. 1957. The Ancient Near East. W. W. Norton and Company, and George J. McLeod Limited.
· Salem, Sema`an I, and Lynda A. Salem. 2000. The Near East, the Cradle of Western Civilization. Writers Club Press.
· Kramer, Samuel Noah. 1981. History Begins at Sumer. The Universty of Pennsylvania Press.
· Krumbhaar, E. B. 1958. A History of Medicine, 2nd Ed. Alfred A. Knopf.
· Mascati, Sabatina. 1968. The World of the Phoenicians; Translated from the Italian by Hamilton, Fredrick A. Prager, Publisher.
· Redford, Donald B. 1992. Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times. Princeton, Princeton University Press.
· Saggs, H. W. F. 1962. The Greatness That Was Babylon, A Survey Of Ancient Civilization Of The Tigris-Euphrates Valley. Frederick A. Praeger, Publisher.
· Swerdlow, N. M. 1998. The Babylonian Theory of The Planets. Princeton University Press.
· Gray, John. 1965. The Legacy of Canaan: The Ras Shamra Texts and Their Relevance to the Old Testament. E.J. Brill, Leiden.
"The Infography about the Culture of the Ancient Near East"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA