Counseling and Therapy -- Culture-Centered
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is multicultural counseling.
· Pedersen, P. (2000) Handbook for developing multicultural awareness: Third edition, American Counseling Association.
· Pedersen, P., Draguns, J., Lonner W., and Trimble, J. (2002) Counseling across cultures: Fifth edition, SAGE.
· Ponterotto, J.G., Casas, J.M., Suzuki, L.A., and Alexander, C.M. (Eds.) (2001) Handbook of multicultural counseling, SAGE.
· Sheikh, A., and Sheikh, K.S. (1989) Eastern and Western approaches to healing: Ancient wisdom and modern knowledge, Wiley.
· Sue, D.W., Carter, R.T., Casas, J.M., Fouad, N.A., Ivey, A.E., Jensen, M., LaFromboise, T., Manese, J.E., Ponterotto, J.G., and Vasquez-Nutall, E. (1998) Multicultural counseling competencies, SAGE.
· Sue, D.W., and Sue D. (1999) Counseling the culturally different: Theory and practice: Third edition, Wiley.
· Kagitcibasi, C. (1996) Family and human development across cultures, Earlbaum.
· Pedersen, P. (2000) Hidden messages in culture-centered counseling: A triad training model, SAGE.
· Sue, D.W., Ivey A.E., and Pedersen, P.B. (1996) Multicultural counseling theory, Brooks Cole.
"The Infography about Culture-Centered Counseling and Therapy"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA