Business -- Global Management and Behavior
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is international business management.
· Harrison, L. E. and Huntington, S. P. Eds. 2000. Culture matters. Basic Books.
· Smith, P. B. and Bond, M. H. 1999. Social psychology across cultures, 2nd Edition. Allyn and Bacon.
· Punnett, B. J. and Shenkar, O., Eds. 1996. Handbook for international management research. Blackwell Publishers.
· Gannon, M. J. and Associates. 2001. Understanding global cultures: metaphorical journeys through 23 countries, 2nd Edition. Sage Publications.
· Morrison, T., Conaway, W. A., and Borden, G. A. 1994. Kiss, bow, or shake hands: how to do business in sixty countries. Adams Media Corporation. Distributed by Intercultural Press.
· Future Culture http://www.wcpworld.com/future/tcoc.htm
· Adler, N. 1997. International dimensions of organizational behavior, 3rd Edition. South-Western College Publishing.
· Agar, M. 1994. Language shock. William Morrow and Company.
· Brislin, R. 2000. Understanding culture's influence on behavior, 2nd Edition. Harcourt-Brace.
· Carroll, S. and Gannon, M. J. 1997. Ethical dimensions of international management. Sage Publications.
· Chatman, J. A. and Barsade, S.G. 1995. Personality, organizational culture, and cooperation: evidence from a business simulation. Administrative Science Quarterly, 40, 423-443.
· Cox, T. 1994. Cultural diversity in organizations. Berrett-Koehler.
· Earley, P. C. and Singh, H. Eds. 2000. Innovations in international and cross-cultural management. Sage Publications.
· Fiske, A. 1994. Structures of social life: the four elementary forms of human relations. Free Press.
· Gannon, M. J. 2001. Working across cultures: applications and exercises. Sage Publications.
· Gannon, M. J. Ed. 2001. Cultural metaphors: readings, research translations, and commentary. Sage Publications.
· Hall, E. and Hall, M. 1990. Understanding cultural differences. Intercultural Press.
· Hofstede, G. 1991. Cultures and organizations: software of the mind. McGraw-Hill.
· Hofstede, G. and Bond, M. 1988. The Confucius connection: from cultural roots to economic growth. Organizational Dynamics, 16 (4), 4-21.
· Lessem, R. and Palsule, S. 1997. Managing in four worlds. Blackwell.
· Kagitcibasi, C., Segal, M. and Berry, J. 1996. Handbook of cross-cultural psychology. Allyn and Bacon.
· Osland, J. and Bird, A. 2000. Beyond sophisticated stereotyping: cultural sensemaking in organizations. Academy of Management Executive, 14 (1), 65-73.
· Ricks, D. 1999. Blunders in international business, 3rd Edition. Blackwell Publishers.
· Ronen, S. and Shenkar, O. 1985. Clustering countries on attitudinal dimensions: a review and synthesis. Academy of Management Review, 10, 435-454.
· Schwartz, S. H. 1994. Beyond individualism/collectivism: new cultural dimensions of values. In U. Kim, H. Triandis, C. Kagitcibasi, S. C. Choi, and G. Yoon. Eds. Individualism and collectivism: theory, methods, and applications, 85-122. Sage Publications.
· Singelis, T. Ed. 1998. Teaching about culture, ethnicity, and diversity: Exercises and planned activities. Sage Publications.
· Trompenaars, F. and Hampden-Turner, C. 1998. Riding the waves of culture, 2nd Edition. McGraw-Hill.
· Triandis, H. and Gelfand, M. 1998. Converging measurement of horizontal and vertical individualism and collectivism. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 74, 118-128.
"The Infography about Global Business Management and Behavior"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA