The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is sea-surface temperatures.
· Tropical Atmosphere Ocean Project. For real-time buoy observations on tropical Pacific Ocean and El Niño and La Niña information. http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/tao/
· Climate Prediction Center. For all kinds of surface-sea temperature indices. http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/data/indices/
· Climate Diagnostics Center Map Room Climate Products. For global sea-surface temperatures and anomalies. http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/map/clim/sst.shtml
· National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Office of Satellite Data Processing and Distribution. For satellite products of the Satellite Services Division. http://www.osdpd.noaa.gov/OSDPD/OSDPD_high_prod.html
· Hurrell, J.W., and K.E. Trenberth, 1999: Global sea surface temperature analyses: Multiple problems and their implications for climate analysis, modeling, and reanalysis. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 80, 2661-2678.
· Casey, K.S., and P. Cornillon, 2001: Global and regional sea surface temperature trends. J. Climate, 14, 3801-3818.
"The Infography about Surface Temperatures of Seas"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA