Propaganda -- German
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is German propaganda.
· Jay W. Baird, The Mythical World of Nazi War Propaganda, 1939-1945 (University of Minnesota Press, 1974)
· Ernst K. Bramsted, Goebbels and National Socialist Propaganda 1925-1945 (Michigan State University Press, 1965)
· Robert Edwin Herzstein, The War that Hitler Won: The Most Infamous Propaganda Campaign in History (G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1978)
· David Welch, The Third Reich: Politics and Propaganda (Routledge, 1993)
· German Propaganda Archive http://www.calvin.edu/academic/cas/gpa/
· "World War II: The Propaganda Battle," #9 in the series "A Walk Through the 20th Century with Bill Moyers," Washington: PBS Video, 1988.
· Michael Balfour, Propaganda in War 1939-1945: Organisations, Policies and Publics in Britain and Germany (Routledge and Kegan Paul, 1979)
· David Bankier, The Germans and the Final Solution: Public Opinion under Nazism (Blackwell, 1992)
· Horst J. P. Bergmeier and Rainer E. Lotz, Hitler's Airwaves: The Inside Story of Nazi Radio Broadcasting and Propaganda Swing (Yale University Press, 1997)
· Wille A. Boelcke, The Secret Conferences of Dr. Goebbels: The Nazi Propaganda War 1939-43, trans. Ewald Osers (E. P. Dutton and Co., 1970)
· Randall Bytwerk, Julius Streicher: Nazi Editor of the Notorious Anti-Semitic Newspaper Der Stürmer (Cooper Square, 2001)
· Eric Rentschler, The Ministry of Illusion: Nazi Cinema and Its Afterlife (Harvard University Press, 1996)
· Ralf Georg Reuth, Goebbels, trans. Krishna Winston (Harcourt Brace and Company, 1993)
· Marlis G. Steinert, Hitler's War and the Germans: Public Mood and Attitude During the Second World War, trans. Thomas E. J. de Witt (Ohio University Press, 1977)
· Z.A.B. Zeman, Nazi Propaganda, 2nd ed. (Oxford University Press, 1973)
"The Infography about German Propaganda"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA