The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is the Martial Arts.
· Comprehensive Asian Fighting Arts, by Don F. Draeger and Robert W. Smith, Kodansha International through Harper and Row Publishers, 1983.
· Martial Arts: Traditions, History, People, by John Corcoran and Emil Farkas, Gallery Books, 1983.
· Secrets of the Samurai, by Oscar Ratti and Adele Westbrook, Charles E. Tuttle Co., 1973.
· The Fighting Arts, by Howard Reid and Michael Crocher, Simon and Schuster, 1983.
· Fighting Arts of the World, by John F. Gibley, Charles E. Tuttle Co., 1970. (Note: Gibley a.k.a. Don Draeger).
· The Karate Dojo, by Peter Urban, Charles E. Tuttle Co., 1967.
· Bushido: The Soul of Japan, by Inazo Nitobe, Ohara Publications, 1969.
· This is Karate, by Masutatsu Oyama, Japan Publications Trading Co., 1965.
· The Greatest Karate Fighter of All Time, by Joe Lewis and Jerry Beasley, Paladin Press, 1998.
"The Infography about Martial Arts"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA