Soils in the Global Carbon Cycle
The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is soils in the global carbon cycle.
· Jobbagy, E.G. and R.B. Jackson. 2000. The vertical distribution of soil organic matter and its relation to climate and vegetation. Ecological Applications 10: 423-436.
· Mann, L.K. 1986. Change in soil carbon storage after cultivation. Soil Science 142: 279-288.
· Raich, J.W. and Potter, C.S. 1995. Global patterns of carbon dioxide emissions from soils. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 9: 23-36.
· Schimel, D.S., B.H. Braswell, E.A. Holland, R. McKeown, D.S. Ojima, T.H. Painter, W.J. Parton, and A.R. Townsend. 1994. Climatic, edaphic and biotic controls over storage and turnover of carbon in soils. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 8: 279-293.
· Schlesinger, W.H. 1977. Carbon balance in terrestrial detritus. Annual Review of Ecology and Systematics 8: 51-81.
· Trumbore, S.E. 1993. Comparison of carbon dynamics in tropical and temperate soils using radiocarbon measurements. Global Biogeochemical Cycles 7: 275-290.
· Schlesinger, W.H. 1997. Biogeochemistry: An analysis of global change. Academic Press.
"The Infography about Soils in the Global Carbon Cycle"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA