The following sources are recommended by a professor whose research specialty is anorexia.
· Alexander-Mott, L., and Lumsden, D. B. (1994). Understanding eating disorders: Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and obesity. Taylor and Francis.
· Garner, D. M., and Garfinkel, P. E. (1997). Handbook of treatment for eating disorders. Guilford Press.
· Lask, B., and Bryant-Waugh, R. (1993). Childhood onset anorexia nervosa and related eating disorders. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
· Smolak, L., Levine, M., and Striefel-Moore, R. (1996). The Developmental Psychopathology of Eating Disorders: Implications for Research, Prevention, and Treatment. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
· Szmukler, G., Dare, C., and Treasure, J. (1995). Handbook of Eating Disorders: Theory, Treatment and Research. John Wiley and Sons.
· Jimerson, S. Eating Disorders. Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology Program, University of California, Santa Barbara. http://kady.education.ucsb.edu/jimerson/eatingdisorders.html
· Bryant-Waugh, R., and Lask, B. (1995). Annotation: Eating disorders in children. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 36, 431-437.
· Graham, P. J., (1998). Eating disorders and obesity. Cambridge University Press.
· Keel, P. K., Fulkerson, J. A., and Leon, G. R. (1997). Disordered eating precursors in pre- and early adolescent girls and boys. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 26(2), 203-216.
· Lucas, A. R., Beard, C. M., O'Fallon, W. M., and Kurland, L. T. (1991). 50-year trends in the incidence of anorexia nervosa in a population-based study. American Journal of Psychiatry, 148(7), 917-922.
· Robin, A. L., Gilroy, M., and Dennis, A. B. (1998). Treatment of eating disorders in children and adolescents. Clinical Psychology Review, 18(4), 421-446.
· Anorexia -- Information and Guidance for Patients, Family, and Friends. http://www.mindspring.com/~cwildes/web.html
· Anorexia Nervosa and Related Eating Disorders. http://www.anred.com/toc.html
· Eating Disorders Program at the Laureate Clinic. http://eatingdisorders.laureate.com/
"The Infography about Anorexia"
© 2009 Fields of Knowledge
Essex, Iowa 51638-4608 USA